We are so glad that you took the time to visit us and hope this will not be your last visit! We have many exciting things transpiring at OMS and want you to be a part of it!
STATUS: Ottley Music School Inc. established and operating since January 19, 1973, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization from 2002, chartered in the State of Maryland in 1998. It has been been since 2001 a Better Business Bureau A+rated business accredited organization.
Scientific research has proven that the study of music enhances the learning of all other subjects and productivity in adults. Therefore, we teach people of all ages who want to learn music from 11:00 am to 8:30 pm. We present masterclasses during the year, and we hold all day camps, seminars, and institutes in the summer.
Please browse the site and acquaint yourself with the programs and events going on. We are sure that you, your children or someone you know can benefit from the diversity of and the expert tutelage offered at OMS. Our benefits reach out also to their schools, churches, and civic or social organizations.
WE ACCEPT your tax deductible contributions. Click above on "CLICK & DONATE TODAY". Thank you for your gifts. We are receiving them and they help immensely. God Bless.
SUMMER MUSIC PROGRAMS
Time to register now for our upcoming summer camps and private lessons. Orchestral Day Camp, Piano Day Camp, Drumming Evening Camp, Praise Team Workshop, and Choral Workshop, and also private lessons, and masterclasses. Click HERE for details.
OTTLEY MUSIC SCHOOL @ NANNIE HELEN BURROUGHS
Ottley Music School partnered with Contemporary Family Services LLC during the summer of 2015 (teaching Piano/Theory, Voice, Steel Drums, and Music History as part of their Leadership Camp). Beginning Thursday,
In November 2015, OMS set up the Music Department at the Monroe School located at the historical site of the Nannie Helen Burroughs School. We began this school year offering the following courses:
Piano/Music Theory/Ear-Training taught by Jabari Anderson (M.Mus.),
Vocal Techniques and Literature taught by Nevilla E. Ottley (M.A., M.Mus.),
Steel Drums taught by Sheldon Thwaites (B.Mus.), and
Creative Dance taught by Shanna "Shae" Lim (B.A.).
The Ottley Music School Singers plus Alex and Kera (steel drums and piano duo), and piano student Wrayzene Willoughby, saxophone student Patrick Costillo have performed in the usual monthly visits to Hillhaven Rehab Center and Nursing Home, and sang at Pine View Nursing home in Clinton. They also sang at the following:
JUNE 7, 2015 Washington Hospital Center for the annual Cancer Institute's Survivors Celebration, which they have done since 2004, for the
AUGUST 1, 2015 Sang in the back-up choir for gospel legend, tenor Larnell Harris's concert, (with Sherrie Jackson, soprano) at Sligo Seventh-day Adventist Church's homecoming, before an congregation of about 1,200.
OCTOBER 28, OMS presented its annual Costume Recital. Both participants and audience dressed in a costume, germain to music making, composers, characters of their musical presentations, national dress. It was couple hours of performances and fun.
DECEMBER presented three different Christmas programs, each with excerpts of "Amahl" arranged by Nevilla E. Ottley.
JANUARY 2016 sang in CAAPA'S (Coalition for African American Performing Artists) "Some Enchanted Evening" concert at Bowie Performing Arts Center.
FEBRUARY 6 they perform at Trinity Lutheran Church in Takoma Park, DC.
FEBRUARY 20 they perform Black Composers concert at Hillhaven.
FEBRUARY 21 they serve at Asbury United Methodist Church, Annapolis, MD
FEBRUARY 25 they sang in the Black Composers Recital at Nannie Helen Burroughs School, NE DC.
FEBRUARY 28 they performed at the Montpelier Mansion in Laurel, MD under the auspices of CAAPA.
They performed Asbury United Methodist Church in Annapolis, MD, at The Loft in DC for WordCarriers Evangelistic Ministries for the homeless, at Hillhaven Rehab and Nursing Home, and at the Bowie Performing Arts Center again for CAAPA.
In many languages we say, Welcome, Bienvenido, Ben venuto, Bien venue, Willkommen, Welkom, Aloha, Velkomin, Bem-vindo, Karibu, Siya namkela nonke.
We're so glad you came to visit us. Please browse, and contact us when you are finished. We will be glad to show you around here at our school.
The top banner of this website was designed by Armand Davila.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
ADDRESS: University Town Center, 6525 Belcrest Road, Suite G-20, Hyattsville, MD 20782
1. VIOLINIST and VIOLIST GEOFREY CUAjoined the Ottley Music School faculty this year. We are so delighted.
2. PERCUSSIONIST, especially DRUM SET and STEEL DRUMMER (Pannist) SHELDON THWAITES joined the Ottley Music School faculty this year.
3. OTTLEY MUSIC SCHOOL ALUMNIare invited to join our group on Facebook to keep up with current activities and to communicate with other alums and friends interested in the Ottley Music School.
4. OMS SOUTHERN MARYLAND BRANCH: at Bells United Methodist Church, 1606 Allentown Road, Camp Springs, MD (near Andrews Air Force), on Mondays. Call 301-454-0991 to register. Voice and Piano with Ms. Ottley.
5. OMS GEORGE E. PETERS ELEM SCHOOL BRANCH: at 6307 Riggs Road, Hyattsville, MD for students who attend GEPeters, OMS offers lessons at their school in strings.
6. OMS now offers Dance Classes or Private Lessons with MS. MIA ATHEY.
7. Join theOMS SINGERS of all ages, singing in harmony, rehearsals Tuesdays at 7:15-8:15 pm. Singers are vocal students of OMS, and can also join the Steel Pan class on Wednesdays, at 7:15-8:15 pm. Tuition for both are the same as classes. Call 301-454-0991for details.
8. You can find us listed in many places on the internet including musiclessonteachers.com. We have a branch in Southern Prince George's County, Maryland at Bells United Methodist Church, 6016 Allentown Road, Camp Springs, MD 20746. Call 301-454-0991 for more information.